“YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. A CITY SITUATED ON A HILL CANNOT BE HIDDEN.” – JESUS (MATTHEW 5:14)
Jesus calls us to be the light of the world. To be someone who sheds light on the darkness that we see around us. He wants us to be an example of the hope that we have in Christ Jesus.
If we are a light to the people around us, they will notice that something is different about us. In seeing this it will cause them to want the same Light that we have. The Light in us is Jesus Christ. The world needs some Light to manifest in the places of corruption, darkness, and despair.
HERE ARE 16 QUOTES ABOUT LIVING IN THE LIGHT
- Then Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.” -John 8:12
- “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” -Desiderius Erasmus
- “The fundamental principle of Christianity is to be what God is, and he is light.” -John Hagee
- “It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine.” -M.R. DeHaan
- “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? It’s no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men. You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” -Matthew 5:13-16
- “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.” -Dwight L. Moody
- “If I forget that it was He who granted that ray of light to His most unworthy servant, then I know nothing of Calvary love.” -Amy Carmichael
- “We are indeed the light of the world–but only if our switch is turned on.” -John Hagee
- “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” -Helen Keller
- “The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; a light has dawned on those living in the land of darkness.” -Isaiah 9:2
- “Glory in Christ and you can bask in His light forever.” -Woodrow Kroll
- “Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.” -Mother Teresa
- “If you have only a little ray of light, show out distinctly that you are for Him.” -G.V. Wigram
- “Lord, You light my lamp; my God illuminates my darkness.” -Psalm 18:28
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- “For this is what the Lord has commanded us: I have made you a light for the Gentiles to bring salvation to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 13:47